From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Can I create a counter column family with many rows in 1.1.10?
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 07:47:38 GMT
Note that CQL 3 in 1.1 is  compatible with CQL 3 in 1.2. Also you do not have to use CQL 3,
you can still use the cassandra-cli to create CF's.

The syntax you use to populate it depends on the client you are using.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 5/03/2013, at 9:16 PM, Abhijit Chanda <abhijit.chanda0@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes you can , you just have to use CQL3 and 1.1.10 onward cassandra supports CQL3.  Just
you have to aware of the fact that a column family that contains a counter column can only
contain counters. In other other words either all the columns of the column family excluding
KEY have the counter type or none of them can have it.