From Adriano Paggi <adri...@pert.com.ar>
Subject RE: CqlPreparedResult type info
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 16:05:07 GMT
Commented on CASSANDRA-3753, maybe re-opening is better than create a new one.  I don't know
the correct procedure...

________________________________
From: Sylvain Lebresne [mailto:sylvain@datastax.com]
Sent: Lunes, 04 de Marzo de 2013 12:23 p.m.
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: CqlPreparedResult type info

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Adriano Paggi <adriano@pert.com.ar<mailto:adriano@pert.com.ar>>
wrote:
Hi, I'm using prepare_cql3_query thrift method, which returns CqlPreparedResult with type
info in variable_types.
The type names returned are partial for collection types.  Returns just MapType without saying
anything about the key-value types.  A more intuitive response could be something like

org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.MapType(org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type,org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type)

just like int CqlResult -> schema -> value_types (returned by execute_cql3_query)

Is this an issue?

Yes.
Mind opening a ticket on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA?

--