From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: backing up and restoring from only 1 replica?
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 15:54:00 GMT
That would be OK only if you never had node go down (e.g. a restart) or drop messages.

It's not something I would consider trying.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 28/02/2013, at 3:21 PM, Mike Koh <defmikekoh@gmail.com> wrote:

> It has been suggested to me that we could save a fair amount of time and money by taking
a snapshot of only 1 replica (so every third node for most column families).  Assuming that
we are okay with not having the absolute latest data, does this have any possibility of working?
 I feel like it shouldn't but don't really know the argument for why it wouldn't.