From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Delete Issues with cassandra cluster
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 19:55:03 GMT
> Node1 seeds Node2
> Node2 seeds Node1
> Node3 seeds Node1
General best practice is to have the same seed list for all nodes. You want 2 or 3 seeds per
data centre.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 26/03/2013, at 7:04 PM, Byron Wang <byron.wang@woowteam.com> wrote:

> I've actually tried all or 1. Anyway I think I've solved the issue. Seems like node1
is having some issues with regards to connections.

> Thanks!
>
> --
> Byron Wang
>

> On Monday, March 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM, VĂ­ctor Hugo Oliveira Molinar wrote:
>
>> What is the consistence level of your read and write operations?
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Byron Wang <byron.wang@woowteam.com (mailto:byron.wang@woowteam.com)>
wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm using cassandra 1.2.3.
>>>
>>> I've successfully clustered 3 machines and created a keyspace with replication
factor 3.

>>> Node1 seeds Node2
>>> Node2 seeds Node1
>>> Node3 seeds Node1
>>>
>>> I insert an entry using node1.
>>>
>>> Using cqlsh from another node, I try to delete the item by sending out the delete
command.

>>> After sending the command, there seems to be no error but when I try to select
the item it is still there.

>>> When I try to send the same delete command from node1 cqlsh it seems to work.
>>>
>>> Basically any delete command i send from the other nodes doesn't work unless
i use it using node1. However I can select the items using the other nodes.

>>> Is this a problem? I can't seem to modify objects from node1 using other nodes.
Truncate works though.