From André Cruz <andre.c...@co.sapo.pt>
Subject Re: Quorum read after quorum write guarantee
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 09:31:35 GMT
On Mar 12, 2013, at 6:04 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:

>> by a multiget will not find the just inserted data.
> Can you explain how the data is not found.
> Does it not find new columns or does it return stale columns ?

It does not find new columns, I don't overwrite data.

> If the read is run again does it return the expected value?

Yes, when I go and check manually after this happens, the data is already there. However,
I think I saw an instance when the multiget query was executed twice in quick succession,
the first time it returned all the results, the second time it didn't. This only happened
once, so I filed it under X-Files.

> if you are getting stale data double check the the nodes / clients have their clocks
synchronised.

That's a good tip, I'll check.

> If you are doing reads and writes using QUOURM double check that your code is correct.
If it is provide some more info on what you are seeing.

It seems correct. What more info could be of value?

Thanks,
André