From Ben Bromhead <...@instaclustr.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra instead of memcached
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 10:39:16 GMT
Check out http://techblog.netflix.com/2012/07/benchmarking-high-performance-io-with.html

Netflix used Cassandra with SSDs and were able to drop their memcache layer. Mind you they
were not using it purely as an in memory KV store.

Ben
Instaclustr | www.instaclustr.com | @instaclustr

On 05/03/2013, at 4:33 PM, Drew Kutcharian <drew@venarc.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm thinking about using Cassandra as an in-memory key/value store instead of memcached
for a new project (just to get rid of a dependency if possible). I was thinking about setting
the replication factor to 1, enabling off-heap row-cache and setting gc_grace_period to zero
for the CF that will be used for the key/value store.