From Ben Bromhead <>
Subject Re: Cassandra instead of memcached
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 10:39:16 GMT
Check out

Netflix used Cassandra with SSDs and were able to drop their memcache layer. Mind you they
were not using it purely as an in memory KV store.

Instaclustr | | @instaclustr

On 05/03/2013, at 4:33 PM, Drew Kutcharian <> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> I'm thinking about using Cassandra as an in-memory key/value store instead of memcached
for a new project (just to get rid of a dependency if possible). I was thinking about setting
the replication factor to 1, enabling off-heap row-cache and setting gc_grace_period to zero
for the CF that will be used for the key/value store.
> Has anyone tried this? Any comments?
> Thanks,
> Drew

View raw message