From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: For clients, which node to connect too? (Python, CQL 1.4 driver)
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 02:48:57 GMT
Heard back from one of the contributors, the interface as outlined by Python DB-API 2.0 so
it's by design.

You choices are add it to the library and push a patch or handle it outside of the library.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 27/03/2013, at 9:19 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:

>> It doesn't give me the option to specify multiple client addresses, just one. Will
this be an issue?
> No, but it's good to have a list of servers to balance the load or work when the node
is not running.

> I'm sure there is an approach to getting it in there. Will try to ping one of the contributors.

> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Consultant
> New Zealand
>
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 26/03/2013, at 1:57 AM, Adam Venturella <aventurella@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am currently running 4 nodes, @ 1.2.2.
>>
>> I was curious if it mattered what node I have my clients connect to. Using the python
cql driver :
>> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cql/
>>
>> It doesn't give me the option to specify multiple client addresses, just one. Will
this be an issue?

>> My assumption is that given that the data is spread out across the ring, it shouldn't
really matter since chances are it will need to pull data from another node anyway.