From Kanwar Sangha <kan...@mavenir.com>
Subject Timeseries data
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 19:17:31 GMT
Hi - I have a query on Read with Cassandra. We are planning to have dynamic column family and
each column would be on based a timeseries.

Inserting data - key => ‘xxxxxxx′, {column_name => TimeUUID(now), :column_value
=> ‘value’ }, {column_name => TimeUUID(now), :column_value => ‘value’ },…………..

Now this key might be spread across multiple SSTables over a period of days. When we do a
READ query to fetch say a slice of data from this row based on time X->Y , would it need
to get data from ALL sstables ?

Thanks,
Kanwar