From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: any way to reset timestamp in cassandra to work around cassandra bug?
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 07:41:54 GMT
Short answer is no.

Medium answer is yes but you want like it.

Medium to Long answer is to remove data with a high timestamp you need to delete it with a
higher time stamp, and make sure it is purged in compaction by reducing gc_grace.

But, if this is the schema it's probably best to take a very good look at things first, and
deleting the schema kind of sucks. Check the timestamps by looking at the CF's in the system
key space. Turn on DEBUG logging when you do the schema migration and see the timestamp used
in the update.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 5/03/2013, at 9:14 AM, "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:

> I read this
>
> Several schema bugs have been fixed since 1.1.1. Let us know if you can reproduce in
1.1.4. You may need to recreate the schema because 1.1.1 used an incorrectly-high timestamp
on the original creation.

> Is there any way to reset that timestamp on all my CF's as we upgraded to 1.2.2 and are
trying to switch to LCS but most likely this timestamp issue is the root of our problem I
think?