From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra cluster setup issue
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 05:31:24 GMT
> I can see this problem resurfacing in Cassandra 1.1.9 on my system. I am using RHEL 6.0
and 7199 can be seen bound by Cassandra upon netstat. When I do "telnet x.x.x.x 7199", that
works too.
If the process was started with a JMX port property then you are not seeing that error.

Can you show the output from node ring?
Can you show the command you are using for nodetool ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

for nodetool that I am facing used to exist earlier also, case in point https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4494
> I can see this problem resurfacing in Cassandra 1.1.9 on my system. I am using RHEL 6.0
and 7199 can be seen bound by Cassandra upon netstat. When I do "telnet x.x.x.x 7199", that
works too.

> Any pointers please.
>

> 2013/3/8 amulya rattan <talk2amulya@gmail.com>
> I have started cassandra on three nodes, however opscenter only shows two of them. The
missing one is starting properly, with gossip and everything else showing no errors. It also
has the other nodes as seeds in cassandra.yaml, so I am amazed why it doesn't show as part
of the ring. I have tried restarting it a bunch of times but neither does it throw any error,
nor it shows as part of the ring

> Another strange thing is that nodetool won't start on any of the nodes. It keeps throwing
connection refused error. It's not the same usual error one faces that starts with "Error
connection to remote JMX agent!". It simply says connection refused on x.x.x.x:7199. However,
I can see the JMX port is bound by cassandra on 0.0.0.0. I can use cassandra-cli on 9160 and
opscenter on 8888, but not jmx port. As last resort, I turned off firewall completely, but
to no avail.

> I never faced any such errors setting cassandra cluster up in the past, so this is completely
flabbergasting to me given that the port is bound and firewall is off.