From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Platform Support
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:12:17 GMT
> What are the supported platforms for Cassandra?
Linux is the most used, there are people using Windows.

> we have run into issues with some of the native calls used by Cassandra.
Could you provide some more information and/or file a ticket on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

You are somewhat exploring new territory, if you can ask raise some specific issues on the
user list or in tickets you'll probably get the help you need. And the project will be all
the better.

Thanks

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 15/03/2013, at 9:31 AM, Rick Cole <rickcole3@yahoo.com> wrote:

> We are looking to use Cassandra for our persistent store. However, we have requirements
to support multiple platforms including Windows Server, Linux, HP-UX, AIX and Solaris. I have
searched the web and literally find nothing about Cassandra running on some of these platforms.
I don't even find posts asking this question. What are the supported platforms for Cassandra?
I see DataStax provides distros for Windows, Mac and Linux. On other platforms (namely HP-UX),
we have run into issues with some of the native calls used by Cassandra. We have been able
to successfully recompile the native Snappy libraries on HP-UX (about to try other platforms),
however it looks like there are multiple sun.misc.Unsafe calls made by Cassandra when doing
other operations (ie: comparing arrays). Has anyone been successful in getting Cassandra up
and running on any or all of these platforms? Thank you for any help.