From Michal Michalski <mich...@opera.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra freezes
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 09:10:52 GMT
OK, I took a look at the source code and for now it seems to me that we
both are partially right ( ;-) ), but changing index_interval does NOT
require rebuilding SSTables:

Yes, index sample file can be persisted (see
io/sstable/IndexSummary.java, serialize/deserialize methods +
io/sstable/SSTableReader.java, loadSummary() method)

BUT

It will be rebuilt on startup if index_interval has changed
(io/sstable/SSTableReader.java, loadSummary(), lines 422+ and load()
method, line 371).

:-)

M.