From Michal Michalski <mich...@opera.com>
Subject Re: Failed migration from 1.1.6 to 1.2.2
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:57:35 GMT
> We have no such environment. It is expensive, we can't afford this for now.

We do have QA cluster, but before even trying the 1.1.0 -> 1.1.9 / 1.2.1
upgrade on it (we were a bit undecided about the version ;-) ), I did
some experiments using ccm ( https://github.com/pcmanus/ccm ) on my
workstation with a < 0.01% sample of productin data which made me aware
of some big problems I didn't expected. OK, there were two more problems
I discovered later, on real cluster, but they were minor issues that
didn't affect cluster availability - all the major problems occured and
were solved during my "local" tests.

If test cluster is too expensive (but isn't data loss expensive too?) I
strongly encourage you, at least, to do some tests using ccm :-)

M.