From Michael Theroux <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 13k pending compaction tasks but ZERO running?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:26:44 GMT
Hi Dean,

I saw the same behavior when we switched from STCS to LCS on a couple of our tables.  Not
sure why it doesn't proceed immediately (I pinged the list, but didn't get any feedback).
 However, running nodetool compact <keyspace> <table> got things moving for me.

-Mike

On Mar 14, 2013, at 10:44 AM, Hiller, Dean wrote:

> How do I get my node to run through the 13k pending compaction tasks?  I had to use iptables
to take the ring out of the cluster for now and he is my only node still on STCS.  In cassandra-cli,
it shows LCS but on disk, I see a 36Gig file(ie. Must be STCS still).  How can I get the 13k
pending tasks to start running?