From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Correct way to set ByteOrderedPartitioner initial tokens
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 05:58:16 GMT
> I have 4 Nodes, and I'd like to store all keys starting with 'a' on node 1, 'b' on 2,
and so on.
Can I ask why ?

In general you *really* dont want to use the ByteOrderedPartitioner. If you are starting out,
you will have a happier time if you start with the Random Partitioner.

If you want your code to know where the rows are take a look at the Astynax client https://github.com/Netflix/astyanax

> I've set the initial tokens to 61ff, 62ff ,63ff, 64ff .
I think you want to set them to the letter an then the highest number you will ever use. (coded
as hex)

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer