From <cscetbon....@orange.com>
Subject recv_describe_keyspace bug in org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra ?
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:09:38 GMT
Hi,

I'm testing Pig (0.11) with Cassandra (1.2.2). I've noticed that when the column family is
created without WITH COMPACT STORAGE clause, Pig can't find it :(
After searching in the code, I've found that the issue comes from the function recv_describe_keyspace.
This function returns a KsDef with an empty cf_defs array when there is no column family with
COMPACT STORAGE clause. I conclude that all column families that must be accessed by Pig must
be defined with this storage clause, but I wandering if it is a bug ? I suppose ..

Thanks.
--
Cyril SCETBON

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler
susceptibles d'alteration,
France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou
falsifie. Merci.

be protected by law;
and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been
modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.