From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Thrift key
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2013 17:50:05 GMT
> When I used Thrift, the key is changed by Cassandra. Cassandra Thrift add a prefix control
bytes to Partitioner key and send the object always to the same machine because the key prefix
is the same.
Where do you think this is happening in the code?

Remember the key received by thrift is transformed into a token using the partitioner and
the token is used to place the row, not the key.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 23/03/2013, at 2:31 AM, Sávio Teles <savio.teles@lupa.inf.ufg.br> wrote:

> I'm running a Cassandra 1.1.10 cluster with a ByteOrderedPartitioner. I'm generating
a key to force an object to be stored in a specific machine. When I used org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer
to store the object, this object was stored on correct machine. When I used Thrift, the key