From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: *-ib-* files instead of *-he-* files?
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 07:30:54 GMT
> he-593-Data.db
Search the logs to see if there are any messages for the sstable.

> Can I safely delete the *-he-* files now?
Maybe, maybe not.
Personally I would not.
Others can say yes.

Restart and see if it get's opened in the logs. if it's still there you can either run another
upgrade tables which will upgrade ALL the sstables for the CF. Or shut down the node, move
the ib- files (keep the one with the highes number there) , start it without thrift and gossip,
upgrade, shutdown, put the files back, restart.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 5/03/2013, at 7:41 AM, "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:

> Our upgradesstables completed but I still see *he-593-Data.db files and such which from
testing seem to be the 1.1.x table names.  I see the new *ib-695-Data.db files.

> Can I safely delete the *-he-* files now?  I was expecting cassandra to delete them when
I was done but maybe they are there from some corruption that happened due to negligence on
my part.  I do know we had screwed up a few things resulting in odd size increases reported
to nodetool ring.  In fact, some nodes had 60gig more than other nodes while previously our
cluster was exactly balanced for months.