From Rick Cole <rickco...@yahoo.com>
Subject Cassandra Platform Support
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:31:03 GMT
We are looking to use Cassandra for our persistent store. However, we have requirements to
support multiple platforms including Windows Server, Linux, HP-UX, AIX and Solaris. I have
searched the web and literally find nothing about Cassandra running on some of these platforms.
I don't even find posts asking this question. What are the supported platforms for Cassandra?
I see DataStax provides distros for Windows, Mac and Linux. On other platforms (namely HP-UX),
we have run into issues with some of the native calls used by Cassandra. We have been able
to successfully recompile the native Snappy libraries on HP-UX (about to try other platforms),
however it looks like there are multiple sun.misc.Unsafe calls made by Cassandra when doing
other operations (ie: comparing arrays). Has anyone been successful in getting Cassandra up
and running on any or all of these platforms? Thank you for any help.

Rick