From "sj.climber" <sj.clim...@gmail.com>
Subject Iterating over all keys in column family with LongType key
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 19:17:58 GMT
Hi,

I have two column families, one keyed by UTF8Type (let's call it
StringFamily), the other by LongType (LongFamily).  Both are stored in a
keyspace using the RandomPartitioner.  I need to iterate over all columns in
both families, although order does not matter.

Iterating over StringFamily is easy.  I'm currently using Pelops.  I request
pages of 1000 results, with the first key slice specifying the following:
Selector.newKeyRange("", "", PAGE_SIZE);
For every page thereafter, I replace the first argument with the key of the
last item returned in the previous page.

This strategy, however, doesn't seem to work with LongFamily.  I've tried
various combinations of key ranges (0, 0), (1, 0), (0, Long.MaxValue), but
none iterate over the entire family.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help!