From Wei Zhu <wz1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: what size file for LCS is best for 300-500G per node?
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 02:12:29 GMT
We have 200G and ended going with 10M. The compaction after repair takes a day to finish. Try
to run a repair and see how it goes.

-Wei

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dean Hiller" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Sent: Monday, March 4, 2013 10:52:27 AM
Subject: what size file for LCS is best for 300-500G per node?

Should we really be going with 5MB when it compresses to 3MB?  That seems to be on the small
side, right?  We have ulimit cranked up so many files "shouldn't" be an issue but maybe we
should go to 10MB or 100MB or something in between?  Does anyone have any experience with
changing the LCS sizes?

I do read somewhere startup times of opening 100,000 files could be slow????? Which implies
a larger size so less files might be better?

Thanks,
Dean