From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Connection issues
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 15:58:20 GMT
Did you get this sorted ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 28/02/2013, at 2:25 AM, amulya rattan <talk2amulya@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have set up cassandra on EC2 with default localhost settings. Everything works fine
and dandy. I can run cli there, do inserts/writes, the lot. However, when I try to read/write
from another system on the same EC2 LAN, it throws "All host pools mark down" error. However,
I could easily ping the Cassandra node from there.

> I presumed perhaps I should give proper system IP address, instead of localhost, in the
Cassandra machine for listen_address and rpc_address. However, doing that causes Cassandra
to throw "unable to bind address" for 7000 port on start-up. Changing the port or adding filter
for it and other ports in iptables doesn't help.

> Could this be a firewall issue on EC2 or some setting I am missing in configuration,
for cassandra node be accessable to an external client?