From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: anyone see this user-cassandra thread get answered...
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 07:36:24 GMT
bah, think I got confused by looking at the version in the email you linked to.

if the update CF call is not working, and this is QA, run it  with DEBUG logging and file
a bug here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

Thanks

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 5/03/2013, at 8:29 AM, "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:

> That ticket says it was fixed in 1.1.5 and we are on 1.2.2.  We upgraded from 1.1.4 to
1.2.2, ran upgrade tables and watched filenames change from *-he-*.db to *-id-*.db, then changed
compaction strategies and still had this issue.  Is it the fact we came from 1.1.4?  Ours
was a very simple 4 node QA test where we setup a 1.1.4 cluster, put data in, upgraded, then
upgraded tables, then switched to LCS and run upgrade tables again hoping it would use LCS.

> Thanks,
> Dean
>
> From: aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com<mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com>>
> Date: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 9:13 AM
> To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
> Subject: Re: anyone see this user-cassandra thread get answered...
>
> Was probably this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4597
>
> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Developer
> New Zealand
>
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 4/03/2013, at 2:05 PM, "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov<mailto:Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov>>
wrote:

> I was reading
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cassandra-user/201208.mbox/%3CCAGZm5drRh3VXNpHefR9UjH8H=dhad2Y18s0XmAm5Cs4YFL57fQ@mail.gmail.com%3E
> As we are having the same issue in 1.2.2.  We modify to LCS and cassandra-cli shows us
at LCS on any node we run cassandra cli on, but then looking at cqlsh, it is showing us at
SizeTieredCompactionStrategy :(.