5. the problematic Data file contains only 5 to 10 keys data but large(2.4G)
So very large rows ?
What does nodetool cfstats or cfhistograms say about the row sizes ?

1. what is happening?
I think this is partially large rows and partially the query pattern, this is only by roughly correct http://thelastpickle.com/2011/07/04/Cassandra-Query-Plans/ and my talk here http://www.datastax.com/events/cassandrasummit2012/presentations

3. any more info required to proceed?
Do some tests with different query techniques…

Get a single named column.
Get the first 10 columns using the natural column order.
Get the last 10 columns using the reversed order.

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand