Hi Aaron, once again thanks for this answer.
"So is it possible to delete all the data inserted in some CF between 2 dates or data older than 1 month ?"
"No. "

Why is there no way of deleting or getting data using the internal timestamp stored alongside of any inserted column (as described here: http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/ddl/column_family#standard-columns) ? Is that a feature that could possibly be developed one day ? It could be useful to perform delete of old data or to bring to a dev cluster just the last week of data for example.

With "min_compaction_level_threshold" did you mean "min_compaction_threshold"  ? If so, why should I do that, what are the advantage/inconvenient of reducing this value ?

Looking at the doc I saw that: "max_compaction_threshold: Ignored in Cassandra 1.1 and later.". How to ensure that I'll always keep a small amount of SSTables then ? Why is this deprecated ?

Alain