I will let commiters or anyone that has knowledge on Cassandra internal answer this.

From what I understand, you should be able to insert data on any up node with your configuration...

Alain

2013/2/14 Traian Fratean <traian.fratean@gmail.com>
You're right as regarding data availability on that node. And my config, being the default one, is not suited for a cluster.
What I don't get is that my 67 node was down and I was trying to insert in 66 node, as can be seen from the stacktrace. Long story short: when node 67 was down I could not insert into any machine in the cluster. Not what I was expecting.

Thank you for the reply!
Traian.