Thanks Aaron, so will there only be one "value" for each counter column per sstable just like regular columns?
Yes.

 For some reason I was under the impression that Cassandra keeps a log of all the increments not the actual value.
Not as far as I understand.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer