Thanks Aaron, this was a big help!

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:27 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:

If you have a limited / known number (say < 30)  of types, I would create a CF for each of them.

If the number of types is unknown or very large I would have one CF with the row key you described.

Generally I avoid data models that require new CF's as the data grows. Additionally having different CF's allows you to use different cache settings, compactions settings and even storage mediums.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand