From "Desimpel, Ignace" <Ignace.Desim...@nuance.com>
Subject RE: Directory structure after upgrading 1.0.8 to 1.2.1
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 09:21:16 GMT
Yes it are new directories. I did some debugging ...
The Cassandra code is org.apache.cassandra.db.Directories::migrateFile.
It is detecting that it is a manifest (based on the .json extension).
But then it does not take in account that something like <MyColumnFamily-old.json> can
exist. Then it is using <MyColumnFamily-old> as a directory name in a call to a function
destDir = getOrCreate(ksDir, dirname, additionalPath), while it should be < MyColumnFamily>.

So I guess that the cfname computation should be adapted to include the "-old.json" manifest
files.

Ignace

From: aaron morton [mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: vrijdag 8 februari 2013 03:09
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Directory structure after upgrading 1.0.8 to 1.2.1

the -old.json is an artefact of Levelled Compaction.

You should see a non -old file in the current CF folder.

I'm not sure what would have created the -old CF dir. Does the timestamp indicate it was created
the time the server first started as a 1.2 node?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand