From "Kumar, Anjani" <Anjani.Ku...@infogroup.com>
Subject RE: cassandra cqlsh error
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 18:04:57 GMT

From: aaron morton [mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2013 11:34 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: cassandra cqlsh error

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 5/02/2013, at 4:37 AM, "Kumar, Anjani" <Anjani.Kumar@infogroup.com<mailto:Anjani.Kumar@infogroup.com>>
wrote:

I am facing problem while trying to run cqlsh. Here is what I did:

1.       I brought the tar ball files for both 1.1.7 and 1.2.0 version.
2.       Unzipped and untarred it
3.       Started Cassandra
4.       And then tried starting cqlsh but I am getting the following error in both the versions:
Connection error: Invalid method name: 'set_cql_version'

Before installing Datastax 1.1.7 and 1.2.0 cassandra, I had installed Cassandra through "sudo
apt-get install Cassandra" on my ubuntu. Since it doesn't have CQL support(at least I cant
find it) so I thought of installing Datastax version of Cassandra but still no luck starting
cqlsh so far. Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Anjani