From "Kumar, Anjani" <Anjani.Ku...@infogroup.com>
Subject cassandra cqlsh error
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 15:37:42 GMT

I am facing problem while trying to run cqlsh. Here is what I did:

1.       I brought the tar ball files for both 1.1.7 and 1.2.0 version.

2.       Unzipped and untarred it

3.       Started Cassandra

4.       And then tried starting cqlsh but I am getting the following error in both the versions:

Connection error: Invalid method name: 'set_cql_version'

Before installing Datastax 1.1.7 and 1.2.0 cassandra, I had installed Cassandra through "sudo
apt-get install Cassandra" on my ubuntu. Since it doesn't have CQL support(at least I cant
find it) so I thought of installing Datastax version of Cassandra but still no luck starting
cqlsh so far. Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Anjani