From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: LCS and counters
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:49:22 GMT

At least for our use case (reading slices from varyingly sized rows from 10-100k composite
columns with counters and hundreds of writes/second) LCS has a nice ~75% lower read latency
than Size Tiered. And compactions don't stop the world anymore.  Repairs do easily trigger
a few hundred compactions though, but it's not that bad.

/Janne

On Feb 25, 2013, at 17:10 , Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodrime@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am just wondering... Wouldn't it always be worth it to use LCS on counter CF since
LCS is optimized for reads and that writing a counter always require a read ?