From Michael Kjellman <mkjell...@barracuda.com>
Subject Re: Incompatible Gossip 1.1.6 to 1.2.1 Upgrade?
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 09:26:55 GMT
This was a bug with 1.2.0 but resolved in 1.2.1. Did you take a capture of nodetool gossipinfo
and nodetool ring by chance?

On Feb 23, 2013, at 12:26 AM, "Arya Goudarzi" <goudarzi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi C* users,
>
> I just upgrade a 12 node test cluster from 1.1.6 to 1.2.1. What I noticed from nodetool
ring was that the new upgraded nodes only saw each other as Normal and the rest of the cluster
which was on 1.1.6 as Down. Vise versa was true for the nodes running 1.1.6. They saw each
other as Normal but the 1.2.1 nodes as down. I don't see a note in upgrade docs that this
would be an issue. Has anyone else observed this problem?

> In the debug logs I could see messages saying attempting to connect to node IP and then
saying it is down.

> Cheers,
> -Arya

Copy, by Barracuda, helps you store, protect, and share all your amazing
things. Start today: www.copy.com.