From Rishabh Agrawal <rishabh.agra...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: DataModel Question
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 06:18:58 GMT
Hello,

Composite keys are always good  and model looks clean to me. Run pilot with around 10 GB or
more data and compare it with RDBMS and make changes accordingly.

Thanks and Regards
Rishabh Agrawal

From: Kanwar Sangha [mailto:kanwar@mavenir.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:10 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: DataModel Question

Hi -  We are designing a Cassandra based storage for the following use cases-

*         Store SMS messages

*         Store MMS messages

*         Store Chat history

What would be the ideal was to design the data model for this kind of application ? I am thinking
on these lines ..

Row-Key :  Composite key [ PhoneNum : Day]

*         Example:   19876543456:05022013

Dynamic Column Families

*         Composite column key for SMS [SMS:MessageId:TimeUUID]

*         Composite column key for MMS [MMS:MessageId:TimeUUID]

*         Composite column key for user I am chatting with [UserId:198765432345] - This can
have multiple values since each chat conv can have many messages. Should this be a super column
?

19866666666:05022013

SMS:xxxx:ttttttt

SMS:xxx12:ttttttt