From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: disabling bloomfilter not working? memory numbers don't add up?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:32:46 GMT
Hmmmm, my upgrade completed and then I added node back in and ran my repair.  What is weird
is that my nreldata column family still shows 156Meg of memory still(down from 2 gig though!!)
in use and a false positive ratio of .99576 when I have the filter completely disabled(ie.
Set to 1.0).  I see the *Filter.db files on disk(and size approximately matches the in-memory
size).  I tried restarting the node as well.

1. Can I stop the node, delete the *Filter.db files and restart the node(is this safe)???
2. Why do I have 5 gig being eaten up by cassandra?  "nodetool info" memory 5.2Gig, key cache:11
meg and row cache 0 bytes.   All bloomfilters are also small <1meg.

Exception to #2 is I have nreldata still using 156MB for some reason but still no where close
to 5.2 gig that nodetool shows in use.

Thanks,
Dean

Bloom Filter Space Used: 2318392048<tel:2318392048>
Just to be sane do a quick check of the -Filter.db files on disk for this CF.
If they are very small try a restart on the node.

Number of Keys (estimate): 1249133696
Hey a billion rows on a node, what an age we live in :)

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand