From Michael Kjellman <mkjell...@barracuda.com>
Subject Re: operations progress on DBA operations?
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:12:22 GMT
Just to add though- compactionstats on an upgradesstables will only show the currently running
sstable being upgraded. Overall progress on a upgradesstables isn't exposed anywhere yet but
you can figure out how much there is to go thru the log lines.

From: aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com<mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com>>
Date: Friday, February 22, 2013 9:09 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: operations progress on DBA operations?

nodetool compactionstats

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 23/02/2013, at 3:44 AM, "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov<mailto:Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov>>
wrote:

I am used to systems running a first phase calculating how much files it will need to go through
and then logging out the percent done or X files out of total files done.  I ran this command
and it is logging nothing

nodetool upgradesstables databus5 nreldata;

I have 130Gigs of data on my node and not all of it in that one column family above.  How
can I tell how far it is in it's process?  It has been running for about 10 minutes already.
 I don't see anything in the log files either.

Thanks,
Dean

Copy, by Barracuda, helps you store, protect, and share all your amazing
things. Start today: www.copy.com.