From Michael Kjellman <mkjell...@barracuda.com>
Subject Re: Netflix/Astynax Client for Cassandra
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 06:16:40 GMT
It's a really great library and definitely recommended by me and many who are reading this.

And if you are just starting out on 1.2.1 with C* you might also want to evaluate https://github.com/datastax/java-driver
and the new binary protocol.

Best,
michael

From: Cassa L <lcassa8@gmail.com<mailto:lcassa8@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 10:13 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Netflix/Astynax Client for Cassandra

Hi,
 Has anyone used Netflix/astynax java client library for Cassandra? I have used Hector before
and would like to evaluate astynax. Not sure, how it is  accepted in Cassandra community.
Any issues with it or advantagest? API looks very clean and simple compare to Hector. Has
anyone used it in production except Netflix themselves?

Thanks
LCassa