From Jabbar <aja...@gmail.com>
Subject Native LZ4 compressor installation
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:42:40 GMT
Hello,

I am experimenting with cassandra 1.2.2 and are interested in using the
native LZ4 compressor in linux. I have built the linux library but aren't
sure how to tell tell cassandra to use it.

Do I just drop it in the cassandra lib directory and change the compression
for my column family? How will I know if the native compressor is being
used?

I'm particularly excited about this because it means the CPU's on our
servers will have spare CPU cycles due to LZ4 compressor being faster than
the snappy compressor.

--
Thanks

 A Jabbar Azam