From Adam Venturella <aventure...@gmail.com>
Subject Data Model - Additional Column Families or one CF?
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 18:43:42 GMT
My data needs only require me to store JSON, and I can handle this in 1
column family by prefixing row keys with a type, for example:

comments:{message_id}

Where comments: represents the prefix and {message_id} represents some row
key to a message object in the same column family.

In this case comments:{message_id} would be a wide row using comment
creation time and descending clustering order to sort the messages as they
are added.

My question is, would I be better off splitting comments into their own
Column Family or is storing them in with the Messages Column Family
sufficient, they are all messages after all.

Or do Column Families really just provide a nice organizational front for
data. I'm just storing JSON.