From Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindara...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible issue in IndexedSliceReader.java ?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 12:01:11 GMT
The issue is described at the bottom. Pinging user-list since am not sure
how to confirm this bug

*SimpleBlockFetcher.java*, constructor

for (int i = 0; i < columns; i++)
            {
                OnDiskAtom column =
atomSerializer.deserializeFromSSTable(file, sstable.descriptor.version);

                // col is before slice
                // (If in slice, don't bother checking that until we change
slice)
                if (!inSlice && isColumnBeforeSliceStart(column))
                    continue;

                // col is within slice
                if (isColumnBeforeSliceFinish(column))
                {
                    inSlice = true;
                    addColumn(column);
                }
                else
                {
                    inSlice = false;
                    if (!setNextSlice())
                    {
                       break;
                    }
                    /**
                         We have moved to the next slice here. But the
current "column" is not checked against the next slice.
                         Ex: my ColumnSlices are [a-c], [d-f] and I search
for [e] and the current "column" = [e].

                         In-fact it need not be just next slice. It could
be any arbitrary slice that might match the current "column"
                    **/
                }

--
Ravi