From Boris Solovyov <boris.solov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nodetool doesn't shows two nodes
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:48:51 GMT
Aha! I think I might have something breakthrough. I tried setting public IP
in listen_address (and therefore in broadcast_address, because as I
understand it inherits if it is commented out), and in seeds list.  Node
fails to start, because Cassandra cannot bind to public IP address: it does
not exists on box. Of course! This is why I cannot see it in ifconfig.

SO, my next theory,

   - set listen_address to private IP
   - set broadcast_address to public IP, tells other nodes how to connect
   - set seeds to public IP

I will try this next and continue flood your inbox with stream of
consciousness try-and-error ;-)