From Marcelo Elias Del Valle <mvall...@gmail.com>
Subject load on cluster nodes
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:53:07 GMT
Hello,

     I am writing a lot of data on a cassandra cluster with 3 nodes. All my
three nodes are seeds, when I create the astyanax connection pool I specify
ip1,ip2,ip3 as seeds and so in the casandra.yaml config file.
      However, if I look at the server load when I am bombarding it with
data, I can see the first server is clearly being more demanded (graph
here: http://mvalle.com/downloads/serverload1.png) . I am writting data in
sequence, generating UUIDs for column families based on timestamp. Also, I
am using default partitioning (cassandra 1.1.9).
      Any hint why this is happening and how to solve it? I would expect
server loads to be more equal along the cluster...

Best regards,
--
Marcelo Elias Del Valle
http://mvalle.com - @mvallebr