From amulya rattan <talk2amu...@gmail.com>
Subject Connection issues
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:25:17 GMT
I have set up cassandra on EC2 with default localhost settings. Everything
works fine and dandy. I can run cli there, do inserts/writes, the lot.
However, when I try to read/write from another system on the same EC2 LAN,
it throws "All host pools mark down" error. However, I could easily ping
the Cassandra node from there.

I presumed perhaps I should give proper system IP address, instead of
localhost, in the Cassandra machine for listen_address and rpc_address.
However, doing that causes Cassandra to throw "unable to bind address" for
7000 port on start-up. Changing the port or adding filter for it and other
ports in iptables doesn't help.

Could this be a firewall issue on EC2 or some setting I am missing in
configuration, for cassandra node be accessable to an external client?

Any response is appreciated.

~Amulya