From amulya rattan <talk2amu...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra on Red Hat 6.3
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 08:08:23 GMT
I followed step-by-step instructions for installing Cassandra on Red Hat
Linux Server 6.3 from the datastax site, without much success. Apparently
it installs fine but starting cassandra service does nothing(no ports are
bound so opscenter/cli doesnt work). When I check service's status, it
shows "Cassandra dead but pid file exists". When I try launching Cassandra
from /usr/sbin, it throws "Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing :
/lib/jamm-0.2.5.jar" and stop, so clearly that's why service isn't running.

While I investigate it further, I thought it'd be worthwhile to put this on
the list and see if anybody else saw similar issue. I must point out that
this is fresh machine with fresh Cassandra installation so no conflicts
with any previous installations are possible. So anybody else came across
something similar?

~Amulya