From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Adding new nodes in a cluster with virtual nodes
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:41:24 GMT
> After the bootstrap is finished in the new node, no data has been moved automatically
from the old nodes to this new node.
What did nodetool ring say ?

> Please, could you tell me if we need to perform a nodetool repair after the bootstrap
of the new node ?
You should not, bootstrap brings the node up with the data it should have.
If you have any doubt though, running nodetool repair -pr on the new node cannot hurt.

> What happens if we perform a nodetool cleanup in the old nodes before doing the nodetool
repair ? (Is there a risk of loosing some data ?)
Potentially yes.
The simple thing would be to wait until a full repair cycle (on all nodes) to complete.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand