From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: persisted ring state
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2013 20:40:21 GMT
>  Is that the right way to do?
No.
If you want to change the token for a node use nodetool move.

Changing it like this will not make the node change it's token. Because after startup the
token is stored in the System.LocationInfo CF.

> or -Dcassandra.load_ring_state=false|true is only limited to changes to seed/listen_address
?
it's used when a node somehow as a bad view of the ring, and you want it to forget things.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 10/02/2013, at 3:35 AM, S C <asf11@outlook.com> wrote:

> In one of the scenarios that I encountered, I needed to change the token on the node.
I added new token and started the node with
> -Dcassandra.load_ring_state=false in anticipation that the node will not pick from the
locally persisted data. Is that the right way to do? or -Dcassandra.load_ring_state=false|true