From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: CQL 3 compound row key error
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:34:55 GMT
That sounds like a bug, or something that is still under work. Sylvain has his finger on all
things CQL.

Can you raise a ticket on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 11/02/2013, at 4:01 PM, Shahryar Sedghi <shsedghi@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am moving my application from 1.1 to 1.2.1  to utilize secondary index and simplify
the data model. In 1.1 I was concentrating some fields into one separated by ":" for the row
key and it was a big string. In V1.2 I use compound rows key showed in the following test
case (interval and seq):

> CREATE TABLE  test(
>     interval text,
>     seq int,
>     id int,
>     severity int,
>     PRIMARY KEY ((interval, seq), id))
>     WITH CLUSTERING ORDER BY (id DESC);
> --
> CREATE INDEX ON test(severity);
>

>  select * from test where severity = 3 and  interval = 't' and seq =1;
>
> results:
>
> Bad Request: Start key sorts after end key. This is not allowed; you probably should
not specify end key at all under random partitioner