From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra on Red Hat 6.3
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 20:30:54 GMT
Nothing jumps out.

Check /var/log/cassandra/output.log , that's where stdout and std err are directed.

Check file permissions.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 18/02/2013, at 9:08 PM, amulya rattan <talk2amulya@gmail.com> wrote:

> I followed step-by-step instructions for installing Cassandra on Red Hat Linux Server
6.3 from the datastax site, without much success. Apparently it installs fine but starting
cassandra service does nothing(no ports are bound so opscenter/cli doesnt work). When I check
service's status, it shows "Cassandra dead but pid file exists". When I try launching Cassandra
from /usr/sbin, it throws "Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : /lib/jamm-0.2.5.jar"
and stop, so clearly that's why service isn't running.

> While I investigate it further, I thought it'd be worthwhile to put this on the list
and see if anybody else saw similar issue. I must point out that this is fresh machine with
fresh Cassandra installation so no conflicts with any previous installations are possible.
So anybody else came across something similar?