From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: NPE in running "ClientOnlyExample"
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 20:32:28 GMT
An you can never go wrong relying on the documentation for the python pycassa library, it has
some handy tutorials for getting started.

http://pycassa.github.com/pycassa/

cheers
-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

If not will suggest you to go through, and you can also refer http://hector-client.github.com/hector/build/html/documentation.html.

> Best Regards,
>

> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 12:15 AM, Jain Rahul <jainr@ivycomptech.com> wrote:
> Thanks Edward,
>
> My Bad. I was confused as It does seems to create keyspace also, As I understand (although
i'm not sure)

>    List<CfDef> cfDefList = new ArrayList<CfDef>();
>         CfDef columnFamily = new CfDef(KEYSPACE, COLUMN_FAMILY);
>         cfDefList.add(columnFamily);
>         try
>         {
>             client.system_add_keyspace(new KsDef(KEYSPACE, "org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy",
1, cfDefList));
>             int magnitude = client.describe_ring(KEYSPACE).size();
>
> Can I request you to please point me to some examples with I can start. I try to see
some example from hector but it does seems to be in-line with Cassandra's 1.1 version.

> Regards,
> Rahul

to talk to each other (fat client) usually you do not use this unless you want to write some
embedded code on the Cassandra server.

> Typically clients use thrift/native transport. But you are likely getting the error you
are seeing because the keyspace or column family is not created yet.