From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: is there a way to drain node(and prevent reads) and upgrade sstables offline?
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:53:07 GMT
To stop all writes and reads disable thrift and gossip via nodetool.
This will not stop any in progress repair sessions nor disconnect fat clients if you have
them.

There are also cmd line args cassandra.start_rpc and cassandra.join_ring whihc do the same
thing.

You can also change the compaction throughput using nodetool

>> multithreaded_compaction = true temporarily
Unless you have SSD leave this guy alone.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand